Download (PDF, 535KB)
Introduction & Background
For some time efforts have been made to establish an effective Street Watch for our village. A professional and an inclusive approach has subsequently been undertaken by several dedicated volunteers who, with the guidance of the Government’s Department of Community Safety (DoCS), the South African Police Service (SAPS), the local Community Police forum (CPF), lawyers, and others have founded our Neighbourhood Watch (NHW). The newly formed watch is now known as the Pringle Bay Street Watch (PBSW).
For effectiveness, Pringle Bay Village has been divided into nine sectors each with its own sector head/coordinator and street coordinators who manage their sectors and sector WhatsApp groups of which you are expected as a member to participate in. For effective communication on this platform, a smartphone with the WhatsApp app installed is recommended. We also have a Facebook security page that you are welcome to join via your sector head or coordinators. All members are expected to act as the “eyes and ears” of the PBSW as this plays a vital role in making our village secure.
Advantages of Membership
- Ongoing awareness of suspicious activities in the village, including suspicious people and vehicles.
- It is free. If any funds are required in future, they will be voluntary donations.
- No rosters or duties. Patrols and/or reaction will be voluntary. We would appreciate your “eyes and ears” though.
- There were 14 burglaries reported over Easter 2017 in Pringle Bay. There has been a large increase in building and renovation. Apart from normal crime escalation, as populations grow, these building activities are also known to contribute to crime in an area. We are not immune.
- We encourage property owners, residents, and holiday home owners etc. to join the group. We need to grow to be effective and we need to take collective responsibility for our own safety and security.
If you are a full time resident or a property owner in Pringle Bay
you are welcome to join our Pringle Bay Street Watch Group.
Please click on the Register link below,
fill in the online form and as soon as an admin has approved
your application you will have access to the site.
Recent Posts PBSW
Nominations for the new PBSW coordinating committee are in. We are still waiting for some people to accept (or reject) their nomination. Each nomination requires a seconder, so in the event of more than one nomination, this will qualify. Here is a list of the nominations received with links that … Read More
As a Citizen Who Can You Arrest? Many of the residents of Pringle Bay have never had any reason to look up what the laws are when it comes to detaining and arresting a suspect. Now, with the legal accreditation of the Pringle Bay Street Watch it is a good … Read More